BI Pure Water qualifies for $350,000 BCIP grant and is seeking contaminated wastewater site
BI Pure Water has been approved for a $350,000 federal grant for a production version of its new advanced oxidation process (AOP) – Biperliminate™- for wastewater treatment. BI Pure Water is seeking a federal or government wastewater contaminated site for deployment. Biperliminate™ has been successfully pilot tested on BC municipal landfill leachates, an Alberta landfill leachate high in phenol, and a legacy Vancouver industrial site high in naphthalene and xylenes (creosote).
Advanced oxidation technologies have gained interest in recent years because of their outstanding technical characteristics for eliminating a variety of pollutants in water and wastewater, according to market researcher BCC Research LLC. With growing public awareness of emerging contaminants, the market for AOPs is expected to grow.
AOPs such as UV+peroxide and ozone are used in the United States on various wastewaters such as at heavy industrial sites. Pollutants are reduced to water and carbonates/vinegar by an AOP. BI Pure Water’s AOP is much safer, more effective and lower in operating cost than other AOPs.
BI Pure Water is seeking the assistance of a municipality/jurisdiction, consulting or process engineers to identify an ideal treatment site:
- Landfill leachate contaminated with industrial refractories, e.g. phenol, PAHs
- Before or after sewage treatment (where a sewage treatment plant may be under-performing or disrupted due to: pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals)
- Old industrial site, e.g. creosote, dyes, poly-chlorinated biphenyls (PCB)
- Refinery or frac. waters, e.g. naphthenic acids, PAHs, coal tar waters
- Pulp mill wastes (big molecules not digestible by bacteria/lignins)
- Many other wastewaters with low BOD* + high COD*, i.e. refractory, or are too toxic to bacteria
Sites may include those requiring a lower upfront capital cost, less time to process the wastewater, lower temperatures, or a smaller footprint than biology. The system can replace GAC and stripping in many cases.